Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Grandpa Knick

Last Thursday Grandpa Knick went home to be with his Savior. We thank Jesus for him. He was a great example to all of us and we look forward to the day we get to see him again.


Grandpa Knick and Teague, March 2007



An friend of mine wrote this song when his grandfather passed away and I have always thought it was such a great reminder of what God has in store for us!


Far Beyond The Realm

I was there when you passed away, home to the Lord.
Praising Christ with God's family, all in one accord.
And I wonder how you feel in that place,
when your faith was turned to sight by His face.

Do you see His hands?

The hands nailed for all to see, His life claimed at Calvary;
He was crucified, He bled and he died,
so that we'll be together some day...

Somewhere far beyond the realm of sin and suffering,
I'll see your face one glorious day,
standing with the King of Kings.
And somewhere far beyond this temporary place,
we'll rest at Jesus' feet, finished with the race.

The strength you gave to me, no one could compare.
Like a beacon on a misty shore, you were always there.
I am grateful for all you gave to me,
showing me that Christ will set us free.

Do you see his hands?

The hands nailed for all to see, that He rose up for you and me.
He was crucified, he bled and he died,
so that we'll be together some day...

In the blinking of an eye, we are gone,
leaving earthly cares behind.
And though the loss is dear, in Christ we have no fear.
For time is an open door, leading to that Shore
and we'll never be apart, forevermore.

Words and Music by Wayne Boesiger

2 comments:

Jami Arenz said...

Hey Rox,
So sorry to hear about Grandpa Knick. What an awesome Christian man. I know how hard it is to lose your Grandpa, but what a wonderful thing it is to know that they are with Jesus, looking down on us! Love to all of you!

Grandma Joy said...

I had forgotten that song of Wayne's. Really nice.